- Liverpool have made an opening move for Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma.
- West Ham stars Declan Rice, Thomas Soucek and Michail Antonio are all set to be offered new deals next year.
- Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has declared that he would reject any offers coming from clubs like Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal to remain with the Foxes until the end of his career.
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants £510,000-a-week to join Manchester City from Juventus, although making him the club’s highest earner could upset others in the squad.
- Norwich look set to fail in their bid to land Real Betis midfielder William Carvalho as they would not be able to afford his £82,000-a-week wages.
- Pressure is increasing on UEFA to allow away supporters to attend fixtures in club competitions this season, although a decision is yet to be made on whether they will be permitted at fixtures starting from next month.
- Donny van de Beek has been advised to look for a route out of Manchester United by Dimitar Berbatov after a disappointing spell at Old Trafford following his £35m move from Ajax last year.
- West Ham expect to complete the signing of Kurt Zouma from Chelsea once his medical is completed on Friday.
- Tottenham’s Hotspur’s bid to sign Adama Traoré has suffered a blow with Wolverhampton Wanderers standing firm in their desire to keep the winger.
- Manchester City had hopes to pull off a sensational attempt to sign Cristiano Ronaldo after the Portugal forward’s representative held talks with Juventus over a potential return to the Premier League.
- David Beckham’s Florida football club Inter Miami have been accused of reneging on a promise to build community sports facilities and a recreational park on public land around their $160m stadium in Fort Lauderdale.
MAN UTD STILL IN PLAY FOR RONALDO
Manchester United is delighted to confirm that the club has reached agreement with Juventus for the transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo, subject to agreement of personal terms, visa and medical.
Cristiano, a five-time Ballon d’Or winner, has so far won over 30 major trophies during his career, including five UEFA Champions League titles, four FIFA Club World Cups, seven league titles in England, Spain and Italy, and the European Championship for his native Portugal.
Manchester United have revealed that Cristiano Ronaldo will make a surprise return to Old Trafford after reaching an agreement with Juventus on a transfer cost for the five-time Ballon d’Or winner. Ronaldo had been linked with a move to Real Madrid and Barcelona in recent months. Ronaldo is set to sign a two-year contract with Manchester United, with the club agreeing to pay an initial €2 million to the Italian club, plus up to €3 million in bonuses, assuming he is granted a visa and passes a medical.
Until Friday morning, it appeared as though Manchester City would be the most likely destination for the five-time Ballon d’Or winner. However, following a dizzying 48 hours that saw Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes, meet with Juventus officials in Turin on Wednesday to discuss a prospective move to the Etihad Stadium, City stated on Friday lunchtime that they were no longer interested.
Later, it was revealed that Mendes had also held talks with Manchester United, and a statement from the club confirmed that a deal to re-sign him had been reached with Juventus. Mendes originally joined the Red Devils from Sporting Lisbon as a teenager, and he spent six seasons at Old Trafford before joining Real Madrid for a world-record £80 million in 2009.
After tax, Ronaldo’s contract with Juventus is worth an estimated €31 million per season after tax, and he has fewer than 12 months left on his deal. It is said that City were hesitant to pay a sum for a player who would turn 37 in February, and that they had also failed to reach an agreement on personal conditions for a planned two-year contract with the player.
Everton are closing in on Porto winger Luis Diaz, with the Toffees willing to pay £21.5m. James Rodriguez is wanted as part of a swap deal. (talkSPORT)
- Bologna and Tottenham Hotspur are struggling to agree on terms over a move for Takehiro Tomiyasu. (Calciomercato)
- Miralem Pjanic could end up getting another chance to impress in LaLiga, with an unnamed Spanish side chasing the Barcelona midfielder. (Mundo Deportivo)
- Aston Villa are keen on a move for Borussia Dortmund midfielder Axel Witsel and could compete with Juventus for his signature. (Tuttosport)
- Tottenham are unlikely to complete the signing of Granada defender Domingos Duarte this summer. (Onda Vasca)
- AC Milan are planning to hijack Cortinthians’ move for Arsenal winger Willian. (Calciomercato)
Juventus have received offers from Aston Villa, West Ham and Everton for Weston McKennie. (Tutto Sport)
- Cristiano Ronaldo missed training with Juventus on Friday morning as rumours linking him with a transfer to Manchester City continue to intensify. (ESPN Football)
- Atletico Madrid are considering a bid for PSG’s Pablo Sarabia as Saul Niguez’s transfer to Chelsea grows closer. (Goal)
- Tottenham are leading the chase for one of Barcelona’s best prospects, wonderkid Ilaix Moriba. (Tuttomercato)
- Montpellier are preparing for life without West Ham target Gaetan Laborde with former Tottenham striker Carlos Vinicius potentially heading to France. (Le10 Sport)
- Roma are reportedly targeting a move for Atletico Madrid midfielder Hector Herrera, but have to sell first. (Sky Sport Italia)
- Lyon have been looking at Montpellier striker Gaetan Laborde and are also chasing Clermont Foot frontman Mohamed Bayo. (Le10Sport)
- Torino are on the verge of completing a move for AC Milan midfielder Tommaso Pobega, who has reportedly signed a loan deal with the Granata. (Sky Sport Italia)