The following are match-by-match facts and statistics for the Premier League’s ninth round of fixtures, which will take place from October 22 to 24 (all times GMT):
THE 22ND OF OCTOBER
Aston Villa vs Arsenal (1900)
* At least three goals have been scored in each of Arsenal’s last nine Premier League matches against Aston Villa.
* Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, an Arsenal striker, has scored in each of his previous three Premier League games at the Emirates Stadium.
* Villa has won three Premier League games in a row against Arsenal, which is more than they had in their previous 36 meetings in the competition (W3 D9 L24).
THE 23RD OF OCTOBER
Norwich City vs. Chelsea (1130)
* Chelsea has won ten of their last twelve Premier League games against Norwich (D2), with their last league defeat coming in December 1994.
* For the first time since November 2012, Norwich is attempting to keep three consecutive Premier League clean sheets.
* After winning their first two Premier League matches at Stamford Bridge in 1992-93 and 1993-94, Norwich has only managed one point in their remaining seven visits (D1 L6).
Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace (1400)
* For the first time in Premier League history, Palace is attempting to go undefeated in their first five home league fixtures.
* This season, nine of Palace’s ten Premier League goals have come in the second half, the highest ratio in the league.
* Newcastle has given up the most goals in the league this season, with 19.
Watford vs. Everton (1400)
* Everton has never lost against Watford at home in any competition (W13 D2).
* Everton has dropped five of their past eight Premier League home games against promoted teams.
* In their last eight league encounters against Everton, Watford has won three, drawn one, and lost four.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Leeds United (1400)
* Leeds have had their worst start to a league season since 1988-89, with six points from eight games.
* Leeds have faced the most shots on target in the Premier League this season, with 48.
* Wolves have won their previous three league games at Elland Road without conceding after winning only three in a run of 25.
Burnley vs Southampton (1400)
* Last season, Southampton won both games against Burnley in the Premier League.
* At Southampton, Burnley has won two of their last four league games (D1 L1).
* Burnley’s average starting 11 age of 29 years is the highest in the Premier League this season.
Manchester City vs. Brighton & Hove Albion (1630)
* After losing their first seven Premier League games versus City, Brighton battled back from a two-goal deficit in May to win 3-2.
* City has never lost two league games in a row against Brighton.
* For the first time since September 2020, City’s Kevin De Bruyne has scored in successive Premier League games.
THE 24TH OF OCTOBER IS A SUNDAY.
Leicester City vs. Brentford (1300)
* Since a 3-2 win in the second tier in March 1953, Brentford has gone unbeaten in their last seven encounters with Leicester in all competitions (D1 L6).
* Leicester has won four consecutive Premier League away games against newly promoted teams.
* Jamie Vardy has scored in each of his past four Premier League appearances for Leicester.
Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Ham United (1300)
* Last season, West Ham won both Premier League meetings against Tottenham (W1 D1), marking the first time they have gone three league games without losing to their London rivals since May 2006.
* Michail Antonio of West Ham has scored more Premier League goals (five) against Tottenham than any other team.
* Tottenham has lost each of the last four London derbies in the Premier League.
Liverpool vs. Manchester United (1530)
* In the Premier League, United has only won one of their last ten games against Liverpool (D6 L3).
* After a 4-2 victory against United in May, Liverpool will be searching for their first league victory at Old Trafford since January 2002.
* United has failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last nine league home games.