Featured sports

England has banned Mason Greenwood

England has expelled Manchester United attacker Mason Greenwood.

England has banned Mason Greenwood following a rape investigation, and Gareth Southgate has ruled out choosing the Manchester United striker.

England has expelled Manchester United attacker Mason Greenwood.

He will not be considered for selection for the Three Lions until any legal procedures against him are concluded.

Greenwood was arrested on suspicion of rape and freed on bail ‘waiting further investigation’ by Greater Manchester Police yesterday.

Police have also confirmed that they are conducting additional investigations into complaints of assault, sexual assault, and making death threats.

The 20-year-old has been suspended by United, and sponsors such as Nike have distanced themselves from him.

Bazzup Sports is aware of the situation. Gareth Southgate has no intention of selecting the striker until the legal proceedings are completed.

Since being sent home from the Nations League squad in Iceland in September 2020, Greenwood has not played for England.

Mason Greenwood has been banished by England amid his rape probe

Because making his debut in Reykjavik, he and Manchester City’s Phil Foden were asked to leave after they violated Covid quarantine standards by meeting two women at the team hotel.

The FA will respect both United’s position and the criminal process, but there are currently no intentions for Wembley officials to become involved.

Greenwood was fired from United shortly after the claims were made public on social media.

On Wednesday, Greater Manchester Police revealed that the £75,000-a-week celebrity had been released on bail.

“A 20-year-old guy arrested on suspicion of rape and assault of a lady has been released on bail pending further investigation,” according to a statement.

After the allegations were made on Sunday, police crime scene investigation vehicles were seen parked outside the footballer’s home.

At a second property he owns nearby, security workers, said to have been provided by his club, were there and confirmed that his parents were inside.

“Manchester United reiterates its strong disapproval of violence of any type,” the club said in a statement.

“Until until notice, Mason Greenwood will not train with or play for the club,” the club said.

“The club has now confirmed Mason Greenwood,” the Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) tweeted.

ADVERTISMENT

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button