- 4 large, firm tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil or 1 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- salt and freshy ground black pepper, to taste
- butter, to taste
- parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×9-inch baking dish.
Core tomatoes and scoop out seeds, leaving tomato wall at least ¼-inch thick. Place tomatoes in prepared baking dish.
In a bowl, combine chicken, celery, chervil, basil, and thyme, and mix well. Add cream and toss until everything is coated. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon chicken mixture into tomato shells. Dot the top of each tomato with butter and bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
- Main Dish